Bryan Marshall’s practice is primarily focused on construction law and construction and commercial litigation. His clients include owners, contractors, and subcontractors. Bryan is experienced in reviewing, negotiating, and drafting construction contracts and related agreements and in litigating and arbitrating disputes that arise in connection with them, including claims based on construction defects, mechanic liens and bond claims, delay, non-payment and changes, and claims against performance and payment bonds. Bryan also represents businesses involved in OSHA investigations and litigation, as well as labor & employment litigation.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best S.A. Lawyers 2020, Construction Litigation, San Antonio Scene, 2020
- Top S.A. Personal Injury Defense Lawyer, San Antonio Scene, 2020
- Best S.A. Lawyers 2015, San Antonio Scene, 2015
- Best S.A. Lawyers 2014, San Antonio Scene, 2014
- Rising Star, San Antonio Scene, 2009
Memberships & Affiliations
- San Antonio Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., December 2001
- University of Texas at San Antonio, BBA, Information Systems, 1998
- State Bar of Texas (2002)
- State Bar of Colorado (2011)
- United States District Court: Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Represented numerous businesses in breach of contract, breach of warranty, deceptive trade practices, fraud, and other business litigation claims.
- Prosecuted products liability case on behalf of construction company; settled case prior to trial on terms favorable to client.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of large petroleum refining company in lawsuit arising from construction work performed as part of a refinery renovation.
- Represented hospital bed manufacturer in wrongful death lawsuit; settled case prior to trial on terms favorable to client.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of landowner client in lawsuit arising from boundary dispute.
- Represented and obtained defense verdict on behalf of cemetery company in personal injury lawsuit.
- Represented and obtained summary judgment on behalf of construction company in wrongful death lawsuit.
- Successfully briefed and argued an appeal before the Texas Fourth Court of Appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurance company client in a first-party bad-faith claim.
- “OSHA 101,” presented to The Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio, October 12, 2016
- “An Introduction to OSHA,” presented to The Bexar County Mentor/Protégé Program, May 10, 2016
- “Employment 101: What You Need To Know,” presented to Insource Insurance Agency, October 29, 2014
- “Employment Law: The Basics,” presented to Construction Financial Management Association, August 2014
- “Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver Clauses in Consumer Contracts: An Analysis of AT&T Mobility, LLC v. Concepcion,” presented at the William S. Sessions American Inn of Court, January 2011 (co-author)
- “What Texas Law Says About Abating Civil Litigation Against A Criminal Indictee During The Pendency of Criminal Proceedings,” The Litigators Blog at http://thelitigatorsblog.com (last visited February 4, 2011)