Gabriel Head is a construction lawyer engaged in providing full service representation for general contractors and subcontractors in state and federal courts, arbitration and mediation with respect to breach of contract, design defect and building defect claims, differing site conditions, delay claims, payment issues, mechanic liens and bond claims. Gabriel also has experience drafting and negotiating complex industry documents including EPC contracts, owner/builder, design-builder, and contractor/subcontractor commercial construction contracts.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Named a 2015 and 2016 Texas Rising Star in Construction Litigation by Thomson Reuters. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor.
- Named a 2014 Rising Star by SA Scene Magazine
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Bar Association: Construction Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association: Construction Law Section
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Baylor Law School – J.D., 2006
• Baylor Law Review – Executive Editor and Notes & Comments Editor 2005 – 2006
• Order of Barristers
• National Champion 2006 American Association of Trial Lawyers Mock Trial Competition
- Southwest Texas State University – M.A. 2000
- State Bar of Texas (2006)
- United States District Court: Southern District of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Obtained multi-million dollar arbitration award for a major tank fabricator in a dispute against EPC contractor arising out of the construction of liquefied natural gas tanks.
- Obtained $1.9 million arbitration award for extra work costs on behalf of a highway subcontractor for work associated with the construction of a Texas toll road.
- Obtained an arbitration award of over $300,000 for subcontractor in a dispute against general contractor on a federal project for delays and extra work related to project re-sequencing.
- Successfully represented electrical subcontractor on multi-million dollar breach of contract claim against design-build contractor on a major hotel project in San Antonio.
- Obtained an arbitration award of over $200,000 for general contractor for costs associated differing site conditions on a public works project in Edinburg, Texas.
- Successfully represented EPC contractor in multi-million dollar dispute against the owner related to the construction of a polypropylene plant.
- Successfully represented concrete forming subcontractor in a multi-million dollar wrongful termination claim against a general contractor on a major hotel project in San Antonio.
- Successfully represented and major general contractor regarding a delay and work supplementation claim against subcontractor related to construction of piers on a federal project.
- Represented and negotiated settlement on behalf of subcontractor in multi-party multi-million dollar construction defect dispute.
- Successfully represented supplier in a contract dispute against valve manufacturer with respect to materials supplied to a high performance computer facility.
- Drafted successful Motion for Summary Judgment disposing of bank’s breach of contract claim against land developer and drafted and successfully argued Respondent’s brief before 13th Court of Appeals; 2009 WL 1089462 (Tex. App. Corpus Christi, April 23, 2009).