Johnathan Bailey is a former name and founding partner in the firm Bailey & Bailey, P.C. where over 25 years of practice he built a reputation for knowledge and excellence in representation of construction, service, IT and manufacturing companies seeking to do business with the numerous agencies of the federal government and the State of Texas. Now Johnathan has brought that 25 years of knowledge and experience to Cokinos | Young.
Johnathan has litigated more than 250 bid protests involving billions of dollars in federal contracts before the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the United States Court of Federal Claims. Johnathan has also prepared, negotiated and litigated hundreds of Contract Disputes Act claims with dozens of federal contracting agencies and litigated before all existing (and previously existing) Boards of Contract Appeals and the FAA’s Office of Dispute Resolution.
Coming from a small firm environment, Johnathan has extensive experience in representation of small business federal contractors, including especially socio-economic programs administered by the US Small Business Administration including the 8(a) Business Development, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Woman-Owned Small Business and HUBZone programs.
The wide range of challenges faced by federal contractors has also given Johnathan many years of experience in range of federal contracting matters including Department of Labor (Service Contract Act and Davis-Bacon Act) compliance, suspension and debarment proceedings, and qui tam litigation under the federal False Claims Act.
- St. Mary’s University – J.D., 1996
- University of Texas at Austin – B.A. Government, 1991
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- First Organizer and Presenter, FBA National Government Contracts Symposium 2014
- Presenter, SBT 2021 Annual CLE for Board Certified Construction Lawyers
Memberships & Affiliations
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Federal Bar Association Public Contracts Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association Construction Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court: Northern, Southern & Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Court: Northern District of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth & Federal Circuits
- Supreme Court of the United States