Jesse’s practice consists primarily of representing individual and corporate clients in personal injury/wrongful death, construction defect, and complex commercial litigation. He has also successfully represented licensed individuals and entities before various state boards and agencies and at the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
A fierce advocate, Jesse works tirelessly to serve the best interests of his clients, whether helping clients avoid litigation or when his clients are involved in a lawsuit. He has experience through all phases of litigation and has obtained favorable results before trial and at trial.
Jesse was born and raised in south Texas and is a proud graduate of UT-Austin and St. Mary’s University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude and served as Editor in Chief of St. Mary’s specialty law review.
When he is not working, you can find Jesse hanging out with his wife (Jacqueline) and two sons (Jesse and Julian) and the family Basset Hound (Mika). He also enjoys hiking, playing guitar and drums, live music, traveling, and sports.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Editor in Chief, St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice (2016-2017)
- Staff Writer, St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice (2015-2016)
- Best Brief for Section, Eric Reister Family Award Winner
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- University of Innsbruck, Austria, Summer 2015
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. Government, 2012
- Represented subcontractor in workplace injury case and obtained summary judgment based on exclusive remedy defense
- Represented residential contractors in defect claims and obtained voluntary dismissals after discovery
- Represented industrial services company in motor vehicle accident case and obtained summary judgment on multiple causes of action
- Part of trial team who obtained defense verdict in Travis County District Court in motor vehicle accident case
- Represented contractor in public works construction project and obtained summary judgment in personal injury suit arising from accident on the construction site
- Navigating the Post-Shelby Landscape: Using Universalism to Augment the Remaining Power of the Voting Rights Act, 19 SCHOLAR 217 (2017).
- Texas Appleseed, Mentor in Diversity Legal Scholarship Program
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society—San Antonio Tarlton Inn Chapter
- Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (2017)
- United States District Court: Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas; Texas Northern Bankruptcy Court, Texas Southern Bankruptcy Court