Your goal is our priority
Cokinos | Young’s real estate group marries creative legal approaches, attention to detail, and thorough understanding of our client’s goals to provide focused counsel for clients. Our attorneys offer both individual and business clients experience to multi-million-dollar purchases, sales, leasing, and financing, while focusing on the specific needs of individual clients. The result is a group of attorneys capable of handling a variety of real estate transactions for many types of clients.
We know all the angles
Our lawyers represent both buyers and sellers, lessors and lessees, individuals and companies, in their real estate and development transactions. The real estate issues our clients face include large-scale land acquisitions for commercial buildings, transaction and financing issues for both commercial owners/developers, and real estate purchases and sales for individuals and businesses.
Our real estate practice includes:
- Leading negotiations
- Drafting transaction and financing documents
- Reviewing near-closing transactions
- Drafting and reviewing development documents, including design and construction contracts
- Consulting on proposed deals
- Advising on existing real estate relationships regarding available rights and remedies
- Analysis of commercial leases
- Compliance with governmental or private land use regulations
- Management of liability risks for real estate development issues
- Structure analysis for real estate business combinations like condominiums or real estate partnerships
Our clients include some of the largest construction companies and developers in the country. We pride ourselves on knowledge of the collateral legal issues raised by increasingly complex real estate transactions, and draw on the firm’s other practice areas to enhance the services provided to clients.
Local, statewide and national expertise
Cokinos | Young’s real estate practitioners includes AV-rated counsel with extensive experience in the Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and San Antonio real estate markets. Its attorneys actively participate in the National Association of Office and Industrial Properties and local chambers of commerce, drawing on these sources to help clients evaluate the marketplace and consider creative legal strategies.