Anderson Sessions is a courtroom lawyer whose practice focuses on resolving a broad array of complex business disputes. As an experienced litigator, Anderson is able to deliver strategic legal solutions to clients in all aspects of the dispute resolution process. His practice focuses on defending and prosecuting high-stakes business disputes involving breaches of contract, common law and securities, fraud deceptive trade practices, employment disputes, trade-secret litigation, unfair competition and trademark litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, commercial real estate disputes, oil & gas litigation and other business torts. Anderson also has representative experience counseling oil & gas and energy-related companies with regulatory matters involving the Texas Railroad Commission, Texas General Land Office, and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Anderson earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Baylor University in 2010 and his law degree from Baylor University School of Law in 2013. During law school, Anderson excelled in various moot court and mock trial teams and was selected to represent Baylor Law School at the prestigious National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Tournament of Champions. Anderson is a recipient of Baylor Law School’s Fraley & Fraley Mock Trial Award, an award given for excellence in trial advocacy and procedure.
- Baylor University School of Law – J.D., 2013
- Baylor University – B.A., 2010
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Named “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters®, in the practice area of Business Litigation (2020-2023).
Representative experience includes counseling Fortune 500 companies, closely-held companies and small businesses, and individuals, including:
- Successfully obtained and defended on appeal, trial court summary judgment granting client more than $350,000 US in contractual damages and awards of attorneys’ fees relating to UCC breach of contract claims (Minchul Ho, et al. v. Benco Machinery, LLC, 2020 WL 7268586 (Tex.App.—Dallas 2020).
- Successfully negotiated favorable multi-million-dollar settlement for commercial landlord in connection with commercial real estate and beach of lease dispute.
- Second-chair trial counsel in case resulting in successful no-evidence dismissal of theft and misappropriation of trade-secret claims concerning multi-million-dollar commercial product and favorable jury verdict awarding full recovery of attorneys’ fees under Texas Theft Liability Act;
- Second-chair trial counsel in five-day jury trial involving complex commercial leasing dispute involving breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims relating to medical cost-sharing associations;
- Second-chair trial counsel for complex oil & gas case involving fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract, and trespass to try title;
- Conducted single-day trial under Tex. R. Civ. P. 169 ‘expedited actions’ process concerning tortious conversion of commercial rent deposits, resulting in win for client and award of exemplary damages;
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief and recovery of attorneys’ fees against former company officer for misappropriation of trade-secrets and violation of company non-compete/non-disclosure agreement;
- Successfully obtained Temporary Restraining Order against municipal governmental entities for breach of contract in relation to proprietary dispute over use of commercial-grade soccer fields in North Texas;
- Obtained summary judgment on clients’ claim for breach of contract in complex commercial leasing dispute, resulting in liability for $650,000 in lost profits;
- Obtained summary judgment on client’s claim for breach of contract in multi-party commercial oil & gas “Frac” tank dispute, resulting in severance judgment and over $50,000 in attorneys’ fees;
- Successfully defended against dual summary judgments resulting in immediate favorable settlement of 5-year litigation standoff between probate beneficiaries and minority shareholders of closely-held oil and gas company;
- Successfully defended against procedural severance of more than $250,000 in claims wrongfully granted against client in partial-summary judgment proceedings, leading to reconsideration of summary judgment and favorable settlement terms for client;
- Conducted pre-suit investigation and negotiations pertaining to allegations of employee misappropriation of aviation and aeronautical company assets and trade secrets, leading to favorable enforcement of company’s non-disclosure / non-compete agreement
Memberships & Affiliations
- DAYL 2017 Leadership Class
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association Mock Trial Committee
- Dallas Bar Association Judiciary Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Litigation and Trial Skills Section (Member)
- State Bar of Texas (2014)
- United States District Court: Northern, Eastern & Western Districts of Texas