Mitchell Powell is an attorney in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young. Mitchell received his J.D., cum laude, from South Texas College of Law Houston, where he served as an Articles Editor for the South Texas Law Review. While in law school, he also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable David R. Jones, Chief Judge, of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the Honorable David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Mitchell is an Associate Editor of The Change Order, a monthly publication reporting on significant cases affecting Construction Law, which is distributed in connection with the State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best Litigation Article Award – South Texas Law Review
- Transactional Law Practice Certificate – South Texas College of Law Houston
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Research & Writing I and II; Professional Responsibility; Contract Negotiation & Drafting; and Transactional Skills: Real Estate
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law Section
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Economics, 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas