Lauren is a trial lawyer who brings her experience and judgment to help clients obtain the best resolution of their issues, whether that means vigorously protecting those interests in the courtroom or working collaboratively to reach common-sense solutions. Lauren’s practice focuses on representing clients in all phases of litigation, including mediation, trial, and appeals. She has represented a wide variety of clients, including public entities, commercial enterprises, employers, and insurance companies. Her wide breadth of knowledge helps guide her clients through the often unfamiliar waters of litigation and negotiation. In recognition of these skills, Lauren was selected as a Rising Star for 2018 to 2021.
In addition to an earned reputation as a skilled and effective advocate, Lauren is licensed before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and counsels clients on a broad range of patent and trademark matters, including intellectual property portfolio management, brand protection and infringement litigation. Along with her trial and intellectual property work, Lauren excels at counseling clients regarding the formation of business entities, including partnerships, limited liability companies, professional entities, and non-profits. Lauren routinely advises clients on business operations, helping them grow effectively and making sure their assets are protected.
Lauren is also an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law where she teaches advocacy skills and theory to law students. She is also a coach for UT’s interscholastic mock trial team and recently guided her team to a National Championship in Spring 2021. In her free time, she sleeps.
- University of Texas School of Law – J.D., with honors, 2011
- Texas A&M University – B.S. Chemistry, 2006
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch 2023: Intellectual Property Law & Litigation – Labor and Employment
- 2018 – 2021 Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters
- Successfully defends clients from unmeritorious defamation lawsuits by obtaining dismissals under the Texas Citizens Participation Act (“TCPA”).
- Represents local government entities in Chapter 1205 bond validation suits, obtaining validation of hundreds of millions of dollars in public financing, including extensive work with the Attorney General of the State of Texas to reach appropriate final declaratory judgments.
- Represents clients in litigation and administrative proceedings involving contracts, permitting, and federal civil rights claims for cities and other governmental entities.
- Represents clients in contract and tort claims, including allegations of fraud and misrepresentation, tortious interference with a contract, and personal injury in cases involving private industries –from electric utilities to oil & gas to telecommunications to specialized manufacturing.
- Represents public and private employers in employment litigation and pre-litigation administrative proceedings, including wage-hour disputes, and discrimination and harassment claims.
- Represents local businesses in resolving copyright and trademark disputes, licensing agreements, and entity formation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S.P.T.O. (2012)
- State Bar of Texas (2011)