Tracy Glenn is a principal with Cokinos | Young and specializes in complex commercial litigation, insurance defense and coverage disputes as well as various appellate matters. Tracy also serves as comprehensive legal counsel, advising employers on how to effectively and efficiently resolve, mitigate and avoid issues, problems and disputes before litigation becomes necessary. Ms. Glenn routinely advises clients on contract enforcement and interpretation and avoiding drafting pitfalls. Her clients include a variety of large and small businesses, including major insurance carriers and general contractors.
Tracy’s practice also includes defense of corporations and individuals sued for claims involving personal injury and property damage, and she handles a wide variety of claims ranging from construction defects, premises liability, commercial disputes, and professional liability in state and federal courts. Tracy has successfully prosecuted and defended Lanham Act claims, trade dress infringement, and employment disputes, including non-compete, discrimination, and sexual harassment. Tracy served as plaintiffs’ counsel in a reverse discrimination case challenging the constitutionality of the gifted education program in various school districts in Florida. As a result of her representation, Florida amended its statute to limit the use of race in the admission policies of such programs.
- Boston University Law School – J.D., 1996
- University of Missouri-St. Louis – B.S., 1993
Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association: Litigation Section and Construction Law Section
- State Bar of Texas: Construction Law Section
- The Association of Women Attorneys
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Greater Southwest Houston Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Northern, Eastern, Southern & Western Districts of Texas