Emma Myles is an attorney in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young. Emma’s practice primarily focuses on construction, commercial, and intellectual property law litigation. Emma received her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in May 2023. While in law school, Emma was the Chief Articles Editor for the Houston Business & Tax Law Journal as well as a legal writing TA. She also served as the External Vice President of Intellectual Property Student Organization. As an undergraduate at The College of St. Scholastica, Emma double-majored in Marketing and Management with a double-minor in French and International Business.
- University of Houston, J.D., 2023
- The College of St. Scholastica, B.A. in Marketing and Management, 2017
Recognitions & Distinctions
- 2023 State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Law Section Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Recipient of the 2022-2023 Institute for Intellectual Property and Information Law Co-Directors Award
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Alan D. Albright, United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- “He’s Got Your Eyes”: Enacting a Federal Biometric Data Privacy Statute to Secure Privacy Rights Following the Technological Shift to Digital Platforms, 24 Hous. Bus. & Tax L. J. (2023).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Inducted into the National Order of Scribes for excellence in legal writing
- 2022-2023 Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court Pupil
- State Bar of Texas