Todd is a trusted legal advisor and experienced litigator known for providing practical and cost-effective solutions for clients in all types of business disputes and tort litigation. He regularly represents businesses in the energy, construction and utility industries. Todd’s practice is focused primarily on breach of contract and other complex commercial litigation matters, as well as personal injury suits involving wrongful death, premises liability and products liability claims. Todd also advises clients on employment matters and handles cases involving employment contracts, separation from employment, breach of non-competition agreements, and claims of discrimination and wrongful termination. Through the establishment of close working relationships with clients as well as acquiring in-depth understanding of their business and industry, Todd is committed to being in the best position possible to protect the client’s name and interests and help clients achieve their goals through implementation of effective legal strategies.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D., 2003
- Rhodes College – B.A., 2000
- Represented well operator in high dollar contract dispute with drilling contractor arising out of drilling operations in the Marcellus Shale formation.
- Represented well service company in wrongful death action arising out of drilling rig fatality.
- Obtained summary judgment for hospice in lawsuit alleging discrimination, retaliation and violation of the Texas Occupations Code.
- Represented utility services company in suit alleging breach of a commercial lease agreement.
- Defended transportation and freight logistics company in tractor-trailer rollover suit.
- Represented environmental consulting company in suit alleging fraud and deceptive acts.
- Represented major oil company in several discrimination and retaliation lawsuits.
- Obtained summary judgment for utility services company in premises liability suit in which the plaintiff was severely injured by a steel rebar cage that collapsed on him at a jobsite.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association: Litigation Section (Past Chair) and Oil & Gas Section
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Professionals, Houston Chapter
- Young Professionals in Energy
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court: Southern District of Texas
- Child Advocates, Inc.