Marshall Holmes is a litigation attorney in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young whose practice focuses on complex matters including premises liability matters, contract disputes, personal injury and wrongful death claims, and construction defect claims. While he primarily defends businesses in these issues, he has represented employers and employees alike in liability matters and other course and scope issues related to potential employee negligence. Clients value Marshall’s confidence and competitive nature. His innate tenacity and purposeful advocacy leads to effective resolutions for his clients, whether that means going to trial or procuring an agreeable settlement.
After graduating cum laude from Texas Christian University, Marshall attended the South Texas College of Law to pursue his passion for “being right” by becoming an attorney. While there, Marshall was a member of the school’s nationally-recognized advocacy program. He served on the championship teams in the National Entertainment Moot Law Court Competition and the William B. Spong Moot Court Competition, where he was individually recognized as Best Oral Advocate. He has also been honored with the South Texas Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award and is admitted to the National Order of Barristers.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2013
- Texas Christin University, B.A. in Finance & Real Estate, Cum Laude, 2010
- State Bar of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
Recent Representative Experience
- Lead counsel in securing a directed verdict for a crematorium in a suit for breach of contract
- Represented nationwide furniture manufacturer on a products liability suit resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Represented transportation and freight logistics company in wrongful death suit.
- Obtained summary judgment for a Louisiana transmission construction company for all direct causes of action in a personal injury suit.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best Oral Advocate, William B. Spong Moot Court Competition (South Texas College of Law)
- Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award (South Texas College of Law)
Memberships & Community Involvement
- National Order of the Barristers
- Family Legacy Child Sponsorship Program
- K9 Angels Rescue
- Nick Finnegan Counseling Center