Amy Rauch is an associate in the Dallas office of Cokinos | Young. Amy’s practice focuses primarily on insurance coverage issues. In that regard, she regularly advises contractors, owners, subcontractors, and other participants in the construction industry in disputes with their insurance companies. However, she also provides insurance coverage advice to individuals and businesses outside of the construction context to help ensure that their insurers honor their obligations under a wide range of insurance policies, including professional liability policies, commercial property and auto policies, as well as homeowners policies.
In addition, she is a co-author of the Legal Foundations of Professional Liability article in Professional Liability Insurance, which was published by International Risk Management Institute in 2019.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas: Construction Law Section and Insurance Law Section
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law – J.D., Cum Laude, 2015
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review
- Ohio State University – B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Work with construction clients to ensure that the clients’ own insurance carriers and their additional insured carriers are properly defending their insureds and contributing to settlement of covered property damage and bodily injury claims.
- Work with homeowners to ensure that insurance carriers are properly paying first party claims or defending liability claims under homeowners policies.
- Developed arguments and acted as primary briefing attorney on lawsuit against carrier that denied coverage under client’s first-party property policy for Hurricane Harvey loss. Case resulted in seven figure settlement for client.