Allegra Melton Lezak is an attorney in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young. Allegra received her J.D. from The University of Houston Law Center, where she served as Senior Articles Editor for the Houston Journal of International Law. While in law school, she also represented clients in the civil litigation clinic and was a competitive member of the mock trial team.
Allegra’s practice primarily focuses on construction law and commercial litigation. She has experience representing residential and commercial construction clients throughout the litigation and arbitration processes. Allegra’s experience covers a variety of areas including contract and payment disputes, delay disputes, mechanic’s and materialman’s liens, construction defect cases, premises and products liability, negligence, and other residential and commercial construction issues.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D., 2018
- Texas A&M University – B.S., cum laude, 2015
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch 2023, 2024: Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, and Litigation – Construction
- The Independent Injury Claim Against Subcontractors and the Law of Unintended Consequences, The State Bar of Texas Construction Law Journal (Winter 2020)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association: Construction Law Section
- Texas Bar Association: Women and the Law Section
- Texas Bar Association: Litigation Section
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Eastern & Southern District of Texas