Shelby Morgan is an associate attorney in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young, where she is a member of the Corporate & Real Estate Transactions practice group.
Shelby’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and private equity matters, where she advises her clients on all aspects of the corporate life cycle from formation and start-up, to growth and divestiture, to reorganization and restructuring, and finally to winding up. Shelby’s experience also covers a variety of other practice areas including commercial real estate, finance, emerging companies, and commercial transactions. In addition to her technical legal knowledge, Shelby brings a unique, business-minded perspective in advising her clients given her previous experience working in-house in a corporate legal setting.
Shelby received her J.D. from South Texas College of Law, where she focused her studies on a practice in corporate law and earned the Transactional Law Practice Certificate. Shelby was also actively involved in the Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution and was a finalist in the International Chamber of Commerce’s 10th Annual Commercial Mediation Competition in Paris, France.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Transactional Law Practice Certificate
- Texas A&M University, B.A., English, 2012
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas – Corporate Counsel Section and International Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Represented major commercial and residential waste collection business and its affiliates in a large scale divestiture in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including multiple properties throughout Central Texas.
- Represented company in the upstream merger of numerous wholly-owned subsidiaries, involving the transfer of real properties and other corporate assets.
- Represented various clients in the formation of limited liability companies, non-profit corporations, and other corporate entities.
- Represented client as lender in commercial loan modification.
- Represented client in the drafting and implementation of various corporate governance policies.
- Represented client in the purchase of unimproved property for $1.2 million.
- Represented client in the purchase of commercial property for $20.6 million.
- Represented tenant in the drafting and negotiation of commercial lease for its corporate offices.