Roland Gonzales’s diverse civil practice includes commercial and construction litigation, insurance defense, products liability, labor and employment, municipal law, arbitration advocacy and public/government affairs. Roland works with businesses of all sizes to provide preventative counsel, business development and civil litigation representation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Section
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Board of Directors – Hispanic Contractors Association of San Antonio
- American Bar Association
- Appointed by City Council to serve on The San Antonio Police Department Chief’s Action Advisory Committee and The City of San Antonio’s Economic Development Department Small Business Advocacy Committee
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D. – 2006
- The University of Texas, Austin, B.A. – 2000
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts: Western, Southern Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Won arbitration of alleged civil conspiracy and breach of contract claims in defense of a national residential builder. The claimant, a local attorney, alleged the home builder and mortgage company conspired to raise his interest rates and sell the house to a third party at a higher profit.
- Won arbitration of breach of contract claim regarding the purchase of several properties in defense of a national home builder. Obtained award of attorney’s fees for the homebuilder.
- Obtained Summary Judgment for national trucking company and obtained award of attorney’s fees to defend Plaintiff’s motion practice prior to judgment.
- Obtained Summary Judgment for former employee of securities broker resulting in favorable outcome of employee’s counter-claims against the securities broker.
- Represented major self-insured grocery company in successful recovery of damages for dramatic property loss.
- Developed legal education curriculum for Bexar County SMWBE Mentor-Protege Program with Bexar County Program Director.