Dale Fresch has represented plaintiffs and defendants—from individuals to Fortune 500 companies—in state and federal courts from one end of the country to the other in cases centered on contract disputes, construction, personal injury, medical device liability, environmental contamination, intellectual property, financial services, and food and beverage service. He has also mediated and/or arbitrated dozens of cases before the AAA and JAMS. Whether in court or in an alternative dispute resolution setting, the approach is always the same: work with the client to get the best result possible without wasting their time or money.
Dale had a career in journalism before becoming an attorney and finds that the same qualities that made him a good journalist—curiosity, grit, and, more than anything else, a love for a good story—serve him well as a lawyer. Dale loves digging into a case, interviewing people, developing the facts, and figuring out how to tell the client’s story in a way that pulls people in and makes them care.
When he’s not working a case, Dale can usually be found bothering his wife or his three young children—all of whom are generally cooler and better looking than him.
- SMU Dedman School of Law – J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Air Law & Commerce
- Purdue University – B.A. Creative Writing, 2003; B.A. Film Studies, 2003
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch – Commercial Litigation, 2023-2024
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star 2020-2023
- Successfully defended restaurant and maintained its liquor license in administrative proceeding brought by Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission following fatal motorcycle accident involving restaurant’s customer.
- Steered financial services client through 8-week examination by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau resulting in no monetary fines or penalties to client.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in premises liability case involving shooting in client’s parking lot.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in premises liability case involving slip and fall at client’s restaurant.
- Arbitrated dozens of personal injury cases for regional operator of apartment complexes.
- Negotiated favorable settlement terms in numerous personal injury lawsuits.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (2013)
- United States District Court: Northern District of Texas