Pat Wielinski Recently Spoke to the HBA Construction Law Section
On April 20, Pat Wielinski spoke to the Houston Bar Association’s Construction Law Section regarding “Construction Insurance Update: New Cases and a Few What Ifs”.
The new case part of his presentation included:
- Damages for Insurance Code violations (USAA v. Menchaca)
- Underlying attorneys fees awards (Mid-Continent Casualty Co. v. Petroleum Solutions)
- Actual trial requirement to bind insurer (Great American Insurance Co. v. Hamel)
- Exclusive remedy under CIPs (U.S. Metals v. Liberty Mutual)
The “What Ifs” included:
- Esoteric approaches to property damage – rip and tear
- Your Work versus Your Product coverage defenses
To view the presentation, click here. For more details or questions, contact Pat Wielinski at email@example.com or 817.635.3620.