Garrett Hicks is an associate civil litigator in the Austin office of Cokinos | Young. Garrett practices civil trial law with an emphasis on commercial, construction, and personal injury claims. He has defended businesses, individuals, churches, Greek organizations, and professionals in Texas state and federal courts.
- Obtained dismissal for umbrella manufacturer in federal products-liability suit.
- Obtained dismissal for major church convention in multi-million dollar suit involving claims of sexual abuse.
- Drafted successful summary judgment motion in case where property owner alleged that defendant diverted the natural flow of diffuse surface water resulting in more than $1 million in property damage.
- Negotiated dismissal where Plaintiff alleged breach of fiduciary duty, violation of HOA statutes, and violation of Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions.
- Obtained summary judgment for HOA on claims of fraudulent lien, common law negligence, common law fraud, civil conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of good faith and fair dealing, and constructive fraud.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of Austin Bar Association
- Member of Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- Order of the Barristers
- Baylor Law Review
- Intern for United States Magistrate Judge Jeffrey C. Manske
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2008
- Sigma Tau Delta, President
- Phi Gamma Delta, member
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court Western District of Texas