Ryan Cunningham is an attorney in Cokinos | Young’s Houston office. Ryan’s practice is primarily focused on resolving complex commercial disputes through litigation and arbitration, and he is a member of the Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. He also counsels emerging businesses from inception through various stages of growth, including capital raises, asset purchases, acquisitions, and mergers.
Ryan received his J.D. from South Texas College of Law in May of 2017, where he won a Moot Court National Championship, an award for Best Overall Advocate in the State of Texas, and taught constitutional law to high school students as a Marshall-Brennan Fellow. While in law school, Ryan served as Chairman of the Board of Advocates, and was inducted into the Order of the Barristers.
Ryan is also an Adjunct Professor at South Texas College of Law, where he gives back as one of the coaches to the Nation’s #1 ranked Moot Court Program, and has won another two National Championships as a coach.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law Section
Education & Recognition
- South Texas College of Law Houston – J.D. 2017
- Order of the Barristers
- Best Overall Advocate- State of Texas 2017 Moot Court Competition
- Moot Court National Champion, 2017
- Chairman of the Board of Advocates, 2016-2017
- Marshall-Brennan Fellow, 2015-2016
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.S. Advertising 2010, Minor in Business 2009
- Clerked for the Honorable Judge Mike Engelhart, 151st Civil District Court, Harris County, 2015
- Co-authored a seminar paper for the Honorable Judge Mark Davidson, MDL Litigation Court, 2015
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Eastern and Southern Districts