Nicolas Gavrizi is an associate attorney in the Austin office of Cokinos |Young. His practice is focused on construction law—representing general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and design professionals in lawsuits involving allegations of construction/design defects and other matters related to dispute management and avoidance, enforcement of lien rights, and contract negotiation/drafting.
During law school, Nicolas was president of UT Real Law (a real estate law organization), a publishing member of the Texas Environmental Law Journal, and a judicial intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrew Austin.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Associated Builders & Contractors
- Texas State Bar – Construction Law Section
- Austin Bar Association – Construction Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Barbara Jordan Inn of Court, Barrister
- University of Texas School of Law – J.D., 2011
- University of Texas at Austin – B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Western, Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court: Western District of Texas
- Obtained settlement for national general contractor in large, multi-party lawsuit involving numerous contractual and tort claims and alleged damages of over $200 million.
- Obtained favorable settlement for general contractor in lawsuit involving condominium complex and alleged design and construction defects with alleged damages of over $50 million.
- Obtained several summary judgments for clients on the basis of limitations, release, and other matters in construction defect and commercial litigation lawsuits.