Wilson Stoker is an employment law counselor who is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Wilson has broad experience representing employers nationwidein a wide-range of employment lawsuits in state and Federal courts in Texas and throughout the United States. Wilson has counseled businesses on legal issues related to hiring, promotion, discipline and termination decisions, and defended businesses in litigation involving FMLA, ADA, FLSA, wage and hour, Title VII harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, as well as state law claims. Wilson has worked with numerous employers to successfully defend DOL, EEOC and TWC complaints and investigations.
Wilson’s experience extends to litigation avoidance; and he frequently conducts workplace training, and provides compliance assistance to employers on day-to-day employment issues such as workplace investigations, handbook policies and general counsel advice. He drafts and reviews non-disclosure, non-compete and executive employment agreements for compliance with federal, state and local laws. In addition, he has particular experience assisting government contractors with all aspects of OFCCP affirmative action compliance including developing and maintaining affirmative action plans and related audits.
Wilson is a frequent speaker on hot-button labor and employment law issues, including social media, harassment investigations, the ADA, the FMLA, wage and hour law, and the National Labor Relations Act.
During law school, Wilson clerked for the Honorable John M. Manos, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio. Prior to law school, he worked as a financial analyst for Lehman Brothers in New York City. Wilson is originally from Buffalo, NY, and currently lives with his wife and two daughters in Austin.
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Labor & Employment Law.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Austin Human Resources Management Association (“AHRMA”)
Board of Directors, 2015-2018
Vice President Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee, 2014-2015
- Monthly contributor, Austin Lawyer publication, 2017 to present
- Fairfax Bar Association
Vice Chair, Labor & Employment Section 2008-2009
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment Division.
- Austin Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- Virginia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- Volunteer & Fundraiser, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (“LLS”)
- Executive Committee, Barton Hills Neighborhood Association
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University
Member, Craven Moot Court Team.
Recipient, “Best Brief Writing” Award, Dunmore Moot Court Competition.
- B.S., Accounting & Legal Studies, Ithaca College
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan