Wilson Stoker is an employment law counselor who is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Wilson’s experience allows him to provide companies with practical, proactive advice. He regularly works with management to resolve day-to-day personnel issues such as leave abuse, discipline and termination. Wilson frequently conducts workplace training, and provides compliance assistance in all areas, including harassment investigations, auditing human resources practices, handbook policies and general counsel advice.
Wilson has broad experience representing employers in a wide-range of employment lawsuits in state and Federal courts and administrative agencies throughout the United States. Wilson has defended businesses in litigation involving FMLA, ADA, FLSA, wage and hour, Title VII harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, as well as state law claims. Wilson has worked with numerous employers to successfully defend DOL, EEOC and TWC complaints and investigations. In addition, Mr. Stoker has particular experience assisting government contractors with all aspects of OFCCP affirmative action compliance including developing and maintaining affirmative action plans.
Wilson drafts, reviews and enforces non-disclosure, non-compete and executive employment agreements for compliance with federal, state and local laws. This includes enforcement of agreements on behalf of companies and individuals through temporary injunctions, restraining orders and litigation.
Wilson is a frequent speaker on hot-button labor and employment law issues, including social media, harassment, and disability accommodations.
During law school, Wilson clerked for the Honorable John M. Manos, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio. Prior to law school, he worked as a financial analyst for Lehman Brothers in New York City. Wilson is originally from Buffalo, NY.
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Labor & Employment Law.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Society of Human Resources Management, Austin Chapter (“AHRMA”); Board of Directors, 2015, 2019-2020; Vice President Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee, 2014-2015, 2018-2019
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (“LLS”); Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- YMCA, Youth Coach
- Fairfax Bar Association, Vice Chair, Labor & Employment Section 2008-2009
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment Division.
- Austin Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- Virginia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University
Member, Craven Moot Court Team.
Recipient, “Best Brief Writing” Award, Dunmore Moot Court Competition.
- B.S., Accounting & Legal Studies, Ithaca College
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan