Whitley Zachary is a litigation associate in the San Antonio office of Cokinos | Young. Before joining the firm, she gained significant experience defending individuals and businesses in disputes involving matters of professional liability and malpractice, general negligence, premises and products liability, personal and catastrophic injury, wrongful death, contract, and construction law. She also served as a central briefing attorney for the Fourteenth Court of Appeals in Houston prior to joining private practice. Whitley draws on her wide-ranging experience at the trial and appellate levels to comprehensively advise and advocate for her clients at all stages of litigation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directions (2019-2021)
- Defense Counsel of San Antonio
- President (2020-2021)
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Texas A&M University School of Law – J.D., Cum Laude, 2015
- Articles Editor, Texas A&M Law Review
- St. Mary’s University – B.A., Political Science, 2010
- State Bar of Texas
- Unites States District Court, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Named as one of San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law in 2021- Construction Litigation by S.A. Scene magazine
- Named by her peers as one of San Antonio’s Best Lawyers for Insurance Defense in 2019 and Construction Litigation in 2020 by SA Scene magazine.
- Nominated as a 2021 Rising Star Lawyer for SA Scene magazine.