Tim Maloney’s practice focuses on civil litigation. He has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide array of cases involving construction defects, commercial disputes, personal injury, premises liability, consumer protection and various other matters. Tim has represented numerous clients in high-exposure, multi-million-dollar lawsuits. In his career, Tim has successfully tried and arbitrated cases, briefed and argued dispositive motions, gained extensive courtroom experience and negotiated hundreds of settlements.
Prior to moving to Austin, Texas in 2017, Tim practiced law in Chicago, Illinois, after receiving his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law in 2010. While in Chicago, he practiced in the areas of consumer protection and insurance defense.
Tim also has experience as a mediator and has been certified through the Center for Conflict Resolution. Prior to entering the legal profession, Tim obtained an undergraduate degree in Business Management from Iowa State University.
- DePaul University College of Law – J.D., 2010
– Recipient, CALI Award for Excellence – Legal Analysis, Research, and Communication
– Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity Section Representative
– Mediator, Center for Conflict Resolution
– Study Abroad – Beijing Foreign Studies University Law School, Beijing, China
- Iowa State University – B.S., 2006
– Graduated with Distinction
– Dean’s List – seven semesters
– Social Chair – Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity
– Study Abroad – Swansea University, Swansea, Wale
- State Bar of Texas (2017)
- State Bar of Illinois (2010)
- United States District Court: Western District of Texas
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois