Tiffany Melchers is a principal in the Houston office of Cokinos | Young, where she leads the Corporate & Real Estate Transactions practice group.
Mrs. Melchers represents clients in all facets of the real estate industry including large-scale commercial and industrial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, industrial leasing, land development, and other sophisticated real estate legal matters. A portion of her real estate practice also focuses on real estate finance, representing both borrowers and lenders in financing transactions.
Mrs. Melchers advises clients in a variety of complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate dispositions, restructurings, asset acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and financing transactions. Mrs. Melchers’ transactional practice also includes the formation and ongoing general representation of all types of business entities.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Winthrop University, B.A., Political Science, 2003
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
- State Bar of North Carolina
- State Bar of South Carolina
- State Bar of Nebraska
- Represented major commercial and residential waste collection business and its affiliates in a large scale divestiture in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including multiple properties throughout Central Texas.
- Represented client in capital raise and financing related to the acquisition of a multi-tenant industrial property for $9 million.
- Represented Houston based construction company in its $8 million finance transaction with Woodforest Bank.
- Represented specialty engineering firm in sale-leaseback of headquarters complex and other facilities for $39 million.
- Represented client in $40 million commercial real estate transaction, including the structuring of the transaction from development stages and financing through completion.
- Represented owner in resolving contract disputes and project close out of a $128 million athletic complex.
- Represented client in drafting all construction contracts related to $75 million construction project.
- Represented client in acquisition of 17 acres in downtown Houston for $13 million.
- Represented client in the acquisition of 46 acres in Katy for $13.8 million.
- Represented owners of two closely held corporations in companies’ stock sale for approximately $50 million.
- Represented seller in negotiating an asset sale for $10 million.
- Represented a buyer in the purchase of a private jet.
- Represented client in mediation and negotiated a successful settlement of condemnation proceeding instituted by the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating various commercial leases, including anchor tenant leases, gross sales leases, ground leases, industrial leases, office leases and retail leases.
- Prepared and revised proprietary forms for clients for the leasing and acquisition of real property, as well as construction and construction-related services.
- Represented various banks and institutional lenders in negotiating and finalizing loan documents.
- Assisted corporate client in drafting and implementation of company policies.
- Represented S-Corporation in conducting a reverse stock split.