Patrick Caballero has a wide range of experience as a civil litigator, with particular experience in business, construction, products liability, and premises liability litigation. Patrick has represented a broad array of commercial and industrial clients regarding contract breach and other business torts; leasing and property rights disputes; construction defects; personal injury defense; and toxic tort matters. He has trial and appellate experience, having practiced extensively in both state and federal courts.
Patrick also served as a briefing attorney at the Texas Supreme Court for the Honorable Harriett O’Neill in 2002-2003.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- “Rising Star,” Texas Lawyer, 2009-2016
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow 2009-present
- Austin Bar Foundation, Fellow 2013-present
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, President 2009-2010, Treasurer 2006-2009
- Hispanic Bar Association Charitable Foundation, Board Member 2006-2011
- University of Texas Hispanic Alumni Network, President 2020, Scholarship Chair 2018-2020
- Hispanic Contractors Association of Austin
- Austin Bar Association
- The University of Texas School of Law – J.D., with honors, 2002
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.A., 1999
- State Bar of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Construction Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- “Understanding Recent Changes to AIA Form Contracts,” Construction Executive, November 28, 2017
- “The Impact of Full Disclosure,” Construction Today, April 2017
- “Bench Strength-Preparing New Attorneys for the Courtroom,” Austin Lawyer, December 2016/January 2017.
- “Finally, Clarity On Spoliation Under Texas Law,” Law360, July 2014.