Wilson Stoker is an employment law counselor who is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Wilson’s experience allows him to provide companies with practical, proactive advice. He regularly works with management to resolve day-to-day personnel issues such as leave abuse, discipline and termination. Wilson frequently conducts workplace training, and provides compliance assistance in all areas, including harassment investigations, auditing human resources practices, handbook policies and general counsel advice.
Wilson has broad experience representing employers in a wide range of employment lawsuits in state and federal courts and administrative agencies throughout the United States. Wilson has defended businesses in litigation involving FMLA, ADA, FLSA, wage and hour, Title VII harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, as well as state law claims. Wilson has worked with numerous employers to successfully defend DOL, EEOC and TWC complaints and investigations. In addition, Mr. Stoker has particular experience assisting government contractors with all aspects of OFCCP affirmative action compliance including developing and maintaining affirmative action plans.
Wilson drafts, reviews and enforces non-disclosure, non-compete and executive employment agreements for compliance with federal, state and local laws. This includes enforcement of agreements on behalf of companies and individuals through temporary injunctions, restraining orders and litigation.
Wilson is a frequent speaker on hot-button labor and employment law issues, including social media, harassment, and disability accommodations.
During law school, Wilson clerked for the Honorable John M. Manos, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio. Prior to law school, he worked as a financial analyst for Lehman Brothers in New York City. Wilson is originally from Buffalo, NY.
- Case Western Reserve University – J.D.
– Member, Craven Moot Court Team
– Recipient, “Best Brief Writing” Award, Dunmore Moot Court Competition
- Ithaca College – B.S. Accounting & Legal Studies
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Labor & Employment Law.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Society of Human Resources Management, Austin Chapter (“AHRMA”); Board of Directors (2015, 2019-2020); Vice President Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee (2014-2015, 2018-2019)
- Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Fairfax Bar Association, Vice Chair, Labor & Employment Section (2008-2009)
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment Division.
- Austin Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section.
- Virginia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- Bar of Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth & Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Court: Southern & Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Court: Eastern & Western Districts of Virginia
- United States District Court: Western District of New York
- United States District Court: District of Colorado
- United States District Court: Eastern District of Michigan
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (“LLS”); Board of Trustees (2019-present)
- YMCA, Youth Coach