Katy Lumpkin has extensive experience in commercial real estate, representing both commercial and governmental clients in acquisition, disposition, development and leasing of real property.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia
- Commercial Real Estate Women – Austin Chapter
- 2019 President–CREW Austin
- Elected Director, CREW Austin, 2016-2018
- Chair, Programs Committee, 2011 – 2015
- Member, UCREW Committee, 2009 – 2011
- CREW Network – Scholarship Committee
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia J.D., 1992
- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, B.S. Degree, 1988
- State Bar of Texas (1993)
- State Bar of Georgia (1992)
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- UT CLE Annual Land Use Conference –Planning Committee 2015 – 2019
- Austin Business Journal – Judge for Annual Real Estate Awards 2019
- 25th Annual Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course –Presenter 2014
- 21st Annual Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course – Planning Committee 2010
- Meals on Wheels and More (Austin), Volunteer, 2002 – Present
- Front Steps (Austin), Volunteer, 2014 – 2019
- Emancipet – Central Texas Advisory Committee 2013-2016
- Impact Austin, Environmental Committee, 2014
- Represents private and governmental entities in real estate transactions negotiations including leasing, acquisition, disposition, financing, easements and construction projects.
- Lead real estate attorney in the financing, acquisition, design and construction of a utility infrastructure project.
- Represented a client on a multi-million-dollar acquisition of real estate and water rights.
- Represented the Board of Regents of the University of Texas System in real estate matters affecting the University of Texas System and its fourteen institutions.
- Responsible attorney for preparing real estate contracts and closing documents for the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Prepared and negotiated leases, estoppels, easements, and other associated real estate documents.
- Represented developers and owners in acquisition, leasing, development, sale and financing of real property including office projects, retail facilities and multi-family projects.
- Responsible for drafting and reviewing financial and conveyance documents in connection with the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Performed due diligence reviews including title and survey review, zoning and municipal compliance review and lease review.