Jennifer Riso is a skilled litigator and advocate for clients involved in high-profile cases with nationwide visibility. She is experienced in handling a wide range of complex litigation including business disputes, professional liability, product liability, employment related claims, sexual assault, catastrophic injury and wrongful death on behalf of national and local companies, as well as national non-profit corporations. Jennifer’s courtroom experience includes successes in state, federal and appellate courts in numerous states across the country.
Jennifer primarily represents fraternal organizations in litigation throughout the country and leads the Austin office’s Greek Organization Litigation Practice Group, making Cokinos | Young “The Nation’s only Law Firm with a Litigation Practice Group Committed to Defending Fraternities and Sororities Throughout the Country.” Jennifer’s approach to representing fraternities and sororities is not limited to representing them in the courtroom. Clients appreciate her holistic view of the industry and her proactive approach to identify ways in which they can improve their policies and educational programming in order to address changing times and reach students in the most effective manner in an effort to limit future issues. She also advises students in connection with student conduct and Title IX actions, and provides training and seminars designed to educate young adults on alcohol, hazing, sexual assault, bystander intervention and other areas of risk management.
- Estate of Tipton by and through Tipton v. Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, Inc., 264 N.C.App. 313 (2019).
- Mulder v. Pilot Air Freight, 32 Cal.4th 34 (2004)
- California, 1999
- Texas, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (pending)
- United States District Courts, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- The University of Tulsa, College of Law – J.D., 1999
- Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo – B.S., 1996
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Former member, Queen’s Bench (San Francisco)
- Former member, DRI Trial Tactics
- Former member, San Francisco County Bar Association
- Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity