Elaine Kobylecki is a San Diego-based litigation attorney with the California office of Cokinos | Young and a member of the firm’s Greek Organization Litigation Practice Group. Her litigation practice focuses on advocating for corporate clients involved in high-exposure and high-publicity matters that pose a risk to their reputation or governance. Elaine represents clients in all stages of litigation in both state and federal courts nationwide.
With nearly a decade of defense litigation experience, Elaine is also experienced in commercial litigation having counseled clients across numerous industries, including retail, consumer goods, construction, transportation and logistics, government contracting, and professional services, in a variety of matters including products liability, breach of contract, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and risk management.
Elaine is attuned to the needs of her clients as she navigates them through the challenges of each phase of the litigation cycle. She is committed to achieving the most favorable outcome on behalf of clients from both a legal and practical business perspective.
Her broad-based litigation experience has enabled Elaine to be adept in handling a variety of discovery disputes. She has extensive deposition experience having taken and defended over 80 depositions as lead counsel, including plaintiffs, experts, treating physicians, and third-party witnesses. Elaine also has substantial experience in alternative dispute resolution, representing clients at mediations, mandatory settlement conferences, and early neutral evaluations.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law – J.D., 2014
– Hastings Women’s Law Journal
- University of California, Santa Barbara – B.A., 2011
Second-chaired a two-week jury trial resulting in a successful defense verdict in favor of engineering firm on claims of negligence, products liability and traumatic brain injury.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Initiated, Gamma Phi Beta
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- California State Bar (2014)
- United States District Courts: Northern, Eastern, Central & Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court: Eastern District of Michigan
- Pro Hac Vice Admissions Granted in Ohio, Indiana, and Washington