Dan is a native Houstonian and an attorney in the Cokinos Young Austin office. His practice focuses on construction and commercial litigation. He has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of construction defect, commercial disputes, personal injury, premises liability and employment matters in federal and state courts, arbitration, and administrative proceedings. He has represented numerous clients in complex, high-exposure commercial and construction litigation.
Before joining Cokinos Young Daniel spent two years establishing the corporate legal department and serving as corporate counsel for an industry leading trench shoring and engineering company now operating nearly 70 locations in the U.S. and U.K. In addition, he has defended insurance companies, employers, and railroads in personal injury claims including catastrophic injury and wrongful death suits, premises liability, and Texas Non-Subscriber claims.
Dan’s unique experience as general counsel and executive team member coupled with a client-oriented legal style allows him to implement unique solutions to complex challenges yielding efficient and successful results for clients in a variety of high stakes and sophisticated legal matters. He is a member of the Texas Bar College and the Construction Law Foundation of Texas.
- South Texas College of Law – J.D., 2011
- Sam Houston State University – B.S., 2008
- Established the in-house corporate legal department for an industry leading trench shoring company with a growing international footprint.
- Represented a third-party subcontractor in a large complex commercial construction arbitration involving the construction of a high-rise hotel.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a client with prejudice from a multi-million dollar highway construction arbitration.
- Negotiated a settlement agreement between the client, owner and general contractor regarding the construction, re-design, and reconstruction of a retention pond.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Austin Bar Association
- Construction Law Foundation of Texas
- Texas Bar College
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- State Bar of Texas (2012)
- United States District Court: Northern, Eastern, Southern & Western Districts of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit