Accomplished commercial real estate and commercial construction litigation attorney experienced in representing corporate and individual clients before federal and state courts, arbitration panels, and administrative and regulatory agencies. Provide transactional counsel including regulatory compliance guidance, contract negotiation and drafting of construction and real estate documents.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Baylor University, B.A., 1999
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section and Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Texas Bar Foundation and Dallas Bar Foundation
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Named a Texas Rising Stars in Construction Litigation by Thomson Reuters in 2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2016
- First chair litigator in real estate, commercial construction, and other commercial litigations
- Represented publicly traded California-based commercial restaurant company throughout Texas in multiple litigations and transactional matters
- Led two litigation teams on national client interview project involving 38 client facilities across the United States and coordinated witness statements and evidence for use in national qui tam litigation in United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Acting as Texas counsel to Tennessee construction company in $6M arbitration and other litigation and transactional matters
- Second chair in two-week jury trial involving contract dispute for major healthcare provider
- Represent multiple construction clients, including Florida-based general contractor and Pennsylvania-based specialty subcontractor and supplier
- Served as outside counsel to multiple banks and provided counsel in commercial litigation, real estate, construction, compliance, and other matters.
- Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer of a title company. Duties included legal compliance, federal and state-mandated audits, accounting procedures, HR, legal opinions, underwriting, and final opinions on title issues.