Brian Pounds is an attorney in Cokinos | Young’s Austin office. His practice focuses primarily on construction and commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Brian served as a judicial intern for the Honorable David Hittner, Judge, of the Southern District of Texas, the Honorable Jerry Zimmerer, Justice, of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals of Texas, and worked at a boutique appellate firm handing complex federal and state appeals. Additionally, while attending the University of Houston Law Center, Brian was involved with a number of organizations, including the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, the Legal Writing Fellows, the Mock Trial Team, and the Moot Court Team, where he received an award for Second Best Brief and Second Best Advocate at the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition Regional.
Brian’s uniquely diverse experience allows him to navigate and neutralize the complex challenges presented by construction and commercial litigation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas State Bar Association
- 2021 Member National Order of Scribes
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2021, cum laude
- Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, Article Editor
- Legal Writing Fellow – 2020-2021
- Second Best Advocate and Second Best Brief – ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional
- Teaching Assistant, Civil Procedure, Professor Lonny Hoffman, Fall 2020
- Teaching Assistant, Constitutional Law, Professor Theodore Rave, Spring 2021
- Arizona State University, B.A., Political Science, 2017
- State Bar of Texas
Recognitions & Distinctions
- 2021 National Scribes Award for Excellence in Legal Writing