Andres Gonzalez is a civil defense lawyer with a talent for trial advocacy and almost twenty years of experience preparing powerful defenses and trials. Andres’ primary areas of practice include commercial litigation, construction law, personal injury defense, and labor and employment. He utilizes a combination of expert analytical, investigative, organizational, negotiation and litigation skills and is passionate about defending his clients’ cases before a jury. Andres has experience as a small-business owner and manager and understands the challenges that many of his clients face when confronted with major litigation.
Recognitions & Distinctions
- Named by his peers as one of San Antonio’s Best Lawyers for Civil Litigation Defense, Insurance Defense: Personal Injury, and Construction Litigation from 2014 to 2021 by SA Scene magazine.
Memberships & Affiliations
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Mexican American Bar Association of San Antonio
- Bexar County District Courts Committee
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- San Antonio Education Partnership
- Citizen’s Advisory Committee, Alamo Colleges
- Say Si, Board Member
- Adjunct Professor, Northwest Vista College 2005-2009, Business Law
- University of Houston Law Center-J.D. 2001
- Cornell University- B.S. Economics, 1996
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court: Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Zealously defended a trial to jury verdict involving construction and highway repair, Webb County, October 21, 2019.
- Successfully tried to a jury verdict a tractor-trailer accident involving serious bodily injury and obtained forty percent contributory negligence on the Plaintiff, Bexar County, March 23, 2018.
- Successfully tried to a jury verdict a tractor-trailer accident involving serious bodily injury and death and obtained a zero verdict against the clients, Victoria County, January 27, 2014.
- Represent general contractors against claims of construction defects by owners.
- Represent various insurance companies in third party lawsuits.
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- Legal Issues for Schoo1 Administrative Assistants, Full-Day Training Session, Educational Service Center III, Victoria, Texas, January 19, 2012
- Managing the Risks of Post-Termination Suits and Complaints by Your Employees, Compliance, Audit and Human Resources 2011 Conference, Texas Credit Union League, June 6, 2011
- Bullying in Our Schools: How to Identify It and What To Do About It, Education Service Center III Superintendent’s Conference, Victoria, Texas, May 19, 2011
- Big Brother: How Trouble Can Brew with Over-Monitoring, Over-Stimulation and Over-Personification, Conference Faculty, 25th Annual School Law Conference, University of Texas School of Law Continuing Legal Education, February 18, 2010